Updating Sesame, starting the move to pyramid/postgresql

All technical stuff this week.  I’ve got the Spider-Behavior server code connected to travis-ci.  In the process of doing so, I ran into problem with Sesame, which turned out to be related to the maven setup.   It’s working and updated to the most recent 2.8 release.  This will allow some more changes, particularly some more formatting work on the narratives page.

While waiting for a response from the Sesame-users group, I started taking a serious look at moving arachadmin from web2py.  It looks like I’ll be able to move to a python3.5-pyramid-postgresql stack.  I have a first pass at the new table structure working with sqlalchemy, and will soon start the process of coding the transfer from mysql.  The experience is a lot closer to standard python development, rather than the somewhat cushioned ride offered by web2py.

Meanwhile, spending some time reviewing the opentree taxonomy against the world spider catalog.  So far nothing horrible, mostly groups added since 2009 and some unstable family splits.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s