Summer Ontologizing

I’ve been quiet since April, but I’ve also been pretty busy.  Still fighting with the reimplementation of claim editing (a big, messy web page that if I could figure how to simplify further, I would).  I have also been focusing my efforts on a new ontology specifically for spider behavior (something to find in between the NBO/ABO and the data in arachnolingua).  I gave a talk about it at the 20th International Congress of Arachnology a few weeks ago.  The slides, rendered as PDF, are available here.

There is a link to the work in progress on the arachnolingua home page.   It is currently just the initial google doc sheet I used to collect usages across the two source texts.  I am finishing the first cleanup pass over the data and will provide an updated (and cleaned and better organized) sheet linked from a proper landing page in the coming week.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s