Writing lots of unit tests and associated refactoring. Part of this was inspired by reading though Martin’s (2008) Clean Code, which had been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years. Most useful thing I found was Martin’s admission that even he writes big ugly functions on the first pass. Definitely a lot of cleanup in the new arachcurator editor. Also triggering some simplification in the database – I’ve removed a many-to-many mapping table (participant2claim) since the relation is really many-to-one. I think there are a couple of other tables that will suffer the same fate.
I should get back to cleaning up my list of terms as well.